ATHENS PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR WITH COOKING LESSONS AND FOOD TASTING
In this tour you have the opportunity to explore the best of Athens and discover the secret of Greek cuisine.
This Athens private tour, is ideal for those who want to explore the historical capital of Greece and learn about cooking the Greek way.
A professional chef is the one who is going to help you discover the Mediterranean gastronomy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ATHENS PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR WITH COOKING LESSONS AND FOOD TASTING
- 8-hour, morning sightseeing Athens private tour
- Cooking lesson and food tasting
- Visit modern and classical sites of Athens with professional guides
- Explore the Acropolis
- Prepare your own lunch having cooking lesson by our professional chef
- English speaking driver/guide
- Pickup and drop off from your Athens hotels, or cruise ship
Our Athens tours has a special combination of an overview of the older and newer city of Athens in 4,5 hours.
In this tour made Athens known all over the world for its history and for its delicious world of the Greek gastronomy that influenced the cuisine of all over the world.
The Athens tour is ideal for those who come for the first time in Athens. Athens is a city that has both ancient and modern characteristics in every corner in it. This Athens tour starts from Acropolis and stretches to the Lycabettus, connecting this way the ancient history with the modern city of Athens. The main part of this Athens tour is the Acropolis, the Sacred Rock symbolizing the Greek culture. Acropolis is the highest point in town and the most famous Acropolis in the world.
Visiting Acropolis and passing through the Propylaea, you have the opportunity to admire the Erechtheum, and the Caryatids, while viewing all of Athens and the Piraeus Port. The Parthenon of Athens, the most perfect example of classical architecture in the world, is here. At the feet of the Acropolis lies picturesque Plaka, with paved streets, also known as the neighborhood of Gods. Sightseeing tour in Athens continues with a drive to the most important parts of the city, including the Tomb of Unknown Soldier, the Parliament on Syntagma Square and Hadrian’s Arch.
Walking down Panepistimiou Avenue you can see the Catholic Church of Athens, and the Academy, the University of Athens and the National Library. After that you will pass by Omonoia Square, one of the most lively parts of the city, the busy Kolonaki which drives you to hill of Lycabyttus and the Orthodox church of St. George.
EXPLORE GREEK CUISINE WITH COOKING LESSONS AND FOOD TASTING
This Athens tour drives you to down town Athens, where you will learn by a professional Greek chef secrets for a great meal. Want to be your own Greek chef? Want to surprise your guests back at home with your favorite Greek recipes? Join us and you learn small secrets for a tasty Greek meal!
Our skillful cook will show you the way to be your own Greek chef!
Some of the tasty Greek meals that you learn in the 3rd program, are:
- The traditional “Roumeli” cheese pie known as tiropita), a staple of the local diet. Learn how to prepare phyllo dough and how to bake a pie
- Tasty potato salad, an ideal dish for anytime of the day
- Local favourites like Gemista, Mousaka or Papoutakia, the way our moms do it
- Walnut pie for a sweet “finale”
- Now it’s time to taste the local recipes that you have cooked, with a bottle of traditional wine!
The duration of this program is:
- Knead traditional phyllo – 20 minutes
- Preparing the cheese pie – 10 minutes
- Potato salad – 30 minutes
- Prepare of Gemista or Mousaka or Papoutakia – 30 minutes
- Sweet walnut pie – 30 minutes
- Bake everything – 20 minutes
- Enjoy a glass of Greek ouzo or a Greek beer – 15 minutes
“This private tour in Athens is highly recommended as a cruise excursion for tourists visiting Athens for a day during their cruise in Greece.”